Welcome back to the second part of this two blog series.
In this blog, we’re going to reveal why tape-in hair extensions have quickly become the most requested hair extension method in salons worldwide.
But first, did you read about all the problems that glue-in extensions cause?
It’s all covered in part one of this blog series. So we highly recommend reading it before you continue reading this blog post. Part one goes into the details on how hair extensions got such a bad reputation.
Now that we’re all on the same page….
Let’s take a deeper look into what makes Tape-In hair extensions so different.
You see, there is nothing wrong with the hair used in glue-based extensions. Actually, the hair is sourced from the same places. But what made all the difference in the world is how the hair is attached to your natural hair.
Glue-based extensions use a chemical-based glue solution and high amounts of heat. Both of these can cause severe damage to your hair and scalp.
So even though Tape-In Hair Extensions use the same type of hair, Remy or Virgin Remy Hair Extensions, they completely revolutionized the installation and attachment process.
When they first came out, salon professionals (us included) almost didn’t believe the sales pitch. The representatives came around and told us that this new type of extension ELIMINATED ALL OF THE PROBLEMS created by glue-in hair extensions. And on top of that, they were so easy to install that it could be done in less than an hour.
I’m sure you can see why we were hesitant. It just sounded to good to be true. But then when they started to show us the differences…
1. Tape-In Hair Extensions Only Take One Hour to Install. The old type used to take three hours, so this is a huge benefit. Not only does it go faster, but it greatly reduces the cost of extensions since you don’t have to pay for so much time.
2. You can add Length, Volume, and Even Chemical Free Color Easily. Tape-in Hair extensions were the first way to add highlights without using any harsh chemicals
3. They Don’t Cause Any Damage To Your Natural Hair. You can completely transform your look in one appointment without risking any damage or hair loss.
4. No More Nasty Glue, Adhesive, or Heat! All of these items are what caused so many problems with glue-based extensions. So now you can get long beautiful hair without the problems caused by chemical adhesives and high-heat.
5. Tape-In Hair Extensions are Reusable, so they actually Last Longer. As long as you buy a reputable brand of extensions, you’ll be able to re-use them up to 3 times. This means you can get up to 24 weeks of life out of one single purchase.
6. Here at STUDIO 27, ALL our Extensions are 100% Real Remy Hair. Real remy hair means you can treat it just like your own hair. You can wash, style, curl, blow, even color it if you want.
7. They Don’t Place Heavy Strain or Stress on Your Hair. Tape-in Extensions use extra-wide wefts so they distribute the weight across a larger area. This reduces the strain on individual strands of hair and has eliminated problems like tension headaches that were caused by the old extension types.
And the results have been proven…
We’ve been a GLAM CERTIFIED Boston Extension Salon for over two years now and we’ve NEVER experienced any problems or issues like we sometimes had with glue-in extensions.
Well, that’s not entirely true.
We have found one small issue with them, but the other benefits far outweigh the one small problem.
The only issue we’ve found is that they don’t last quite as long as the old method. Tape-In Extensions are called semi-permanent and they typically last for 6-8 weeks instead of the old type of extensions which lasted 12-16 weeks.
But, remember we said they can be re-applied?
So after 6-8 weeks, you just come back in to the salon and we put them back in for you. You can do this up to three times! So that means they actually last 18-24 weeks, which ends up to be longer than the old extensions anyway.
So even though we don’t see it as that big of a deal, we still wanted to point out the difference.
At the beginning of this series, we made a promise. Do you remember what it was?
Well don’t click back, I’ll give you a quick reminder…
We said after reading this blog series, you may not be ready for extensions. BUT, you would definitely know why the old type of extensions had such a bad reputation and how Tape-In Hair Extensions came along to fix all these problems.
So did we accomplish our goal? Or even better yet, are you now ready to experience the overnight transformation that tape-in hair extensions can provide?
We’re so excited about tape-in extensions that we’ve decided to offer you a FREE 30-Minute Consultation so you can find out more. This appointment allows you to touch, feel, and see the extensions so you can see if they are right for you. We’ll spend some time finding the right colors that will blend in perfectly to add instant volume and length that looks as natural as your real hair. So to setup your free consultation, just call STUDIO 27 at 857-239-8400.