How do I Take Care of my Tape-In Hair Extensions?
A lot of people love the look and style of their tape-in seamless hair extensions but then have no idea how to care for them to make them last as long as possible. Lucky for us, tape-in extensions are extremely easy to care for, and you treat them just like you treat your natural hair. But don’t assume just because they are extensions that they don’t require any maintenance. As long as you maintain your normal hair care routine, tape-in extensions can last 6-8 weeks before they need to be re-apllied. How long they last will be a little different for everyone since it depends on how fast your hair grows, how rough you treat your hair, and how often you change styles.
To get the most out of your seamless tape-in hair extensions, we recommend the following hair care routine:
- Wash your hair with gentle shampoos, and do not condition the roots. Showering/washing your hair every other day will make sure oil doesn’t build up and loosen the tape.
- Allow your hair to dry before you style it.
- Brush your hair several times a day (once dry), taking care not to yank on the tape. You just need to make sure nothing tangles around the tape, which could pull out the extension.
- Do not use flatirons directly near the tape-in part of the extension
- Take care of your tape-in hair extensions daily, and make sure you remove sweat, chlorine, or excess oils from your hair as soon as possible.
If you do all of the above, you’ll be able to keep your tape in hair extensions in for up to 8 weeks! But that doesn’t mean you need new ones at that point. Just come back in to STUDIO 27 and we’ll remove the extensions, reapply the Keratin adhesive, and then professionally re-install the tape-in hair extensions.
Voila! Beautiful, long locks – without buying any new hair or waiting for your natural hair to grow back! If your new to tape-in extensions or just want some professional advice from our certified extension experts, give us a call at 857-239-8400 to schedule a FREE 30 Minute Consultation.